We’re looking for a couple of stellar folks to join us part-time this summer!
Is this you or someone you know? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before May 15 to apply!
About the opportunity:
ioby is a nationwide nonprofit crowdfunding platform that supports citizen-led projects to make our neighborhoods stronger, safer, healthier, and more sustainable. This summer is going to be an exciting time at our organization!
We are seeking two part-time summer interns to work closely with our small but growing team on a number of special projects. Interns will contribute to project-based and general administrative work. This is a hands-on opportunity to learn about all aspects of our mission-driven nonprofit tech startup. These are summer positions geared toward undergraduate students, with the potential to extend beyond the summer. Interns will be paid a small stipend.
Responsibilities may include:
- Online market research including analysis of the crowdfunding and civic tech field
- Copy-writing and editing various online and print collateral
- Helping develop and implement a social media strategy
- Tracking and helping pitch media coverage
- Conduct user experience research to help improve our online experience
- Interfacing with the public at local events as an ioby representative
- Event planning and support
- Ongoing data management and analytics monitoring
A successful candidate for this role is:
- Flexible, efficient, and adaptable to startup culture
- Highly organized, self-starting, deadline-driven, and readily asks questions
- Familiar with cloud-based collaborative software
- Passionate about and interested in social equity, technology, or ideally both
- Strong interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and team orientation; excellent listening and collaboration skills; team player with a sense of humor and a life outside of work.
Interns should be able to commit to around three days a week at ioby’s headquarters in Brooklyn, NY, although work may sometimes be done remotely. Schedule is flexible and will be worked out between interns and ioby staff. Responsibilities may include some evening and weekend events.
Please email Kerry Huang, ioby’s Operations Director, at email@example.com with the subject line “ioby Summer Internship” by May 15. Please include a resume and statement of interest. No phone calls, please.
ioby is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. ioby’s organizational policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships and other terms and conditions of employment or voluntary service shall not be based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable law.
Women, people of color and LGBT people are always strongly encouraged to apply.