We are so excited to announce that because of so many Memphians’ hard work, dedication, and belief in the power of neighbor-led change, we’ve now raised more than $500,000 for Memphis’ neighborhoods!
Behind that big, round number are many, many stories of neighbors, friends, and colleagues who worked together to dream up an idea, create a plan, complete hours of strategizing and fundraising, and make something truly positive happen.
In Memphis, the average ioby project budget is just under $4,000. But these seemingly small projects (170 of them!) add up to make a huge impact! Overall, 19 zip codes have been home to at least one ioby project, and 2,139 individual donations have been made.
There are too many amazing projects to list here, but these are a few of our favorites that have transformed Memphis recently:
- Leadership Memphis opened young eyes to the possibilities of college
- A Memphis “Revival” flipped the conversation about the Mid-South Coliseum
- Bicycle Ambassadors helped instill a lifelong love of biking in elementary schoolers
- A new lawnmower helped a volunteer gardener keep Carnes Garden looking beautiful
- Three Memphis high schoolers brightened an oh-so-blank wall
- 70 graffiti artists brought life to North Memphis in a day-long painting party
- Stripe Memphis turned public basketball courts into spaces of community pride
We want to thank and congratulate our amazing colleagues at Livable Memphis for making all this positive change possible in Memphis.